PRE-DEPARTURE KOREA: Visa Application
In applying for your student application, there shouldn’t be any problem as long as you have all the required documents. Processing the documents would take 3-7 days and you may choose to do it by yourself or through a travel agent. You will have to leave your passport, and don’t lose your receipt/claim stub!
Visa Requirements (Student)
1. Application Form ( may/may not be typewritten
2. 1 passport sized colored picture
3. Passport (original and photocopy of the first page; must be at least 6 months valid
4. School Certificate (original)
5. Photocopy of School ID
6. Birth Certificate (photocopy)
7. From parents: Bank Certificate (Original), Employment Certificate (Original), Income Tax Return (Photocopy), Affidavit of Support
If invited to Korea: Original Invitation Letter notarized in Korea & photocopy of the invitor’s passport
IMPORTANT: Submit the documents sent by the School (the letter and the Certificate of Admission both Original)
- The Application form is available online or you can get the form in the Embassy before you line up.
- Prepare PHP 2,500 for your visa application. Line up early, you can go up the elevators only around 9 am.
- When printing out the visa form from the internet, be sure to print one page only.
- Apply for your Certificate of Enrollment and Grades (just in case you need it) from the Registrar’s Office, it takes a few days to process your request.
- Photocopy all your original documents before submitting them (again, just in case you need it).
The Embassy of Korea (Republic) in Manila, Philippines
18th Floor, The Pacific Star Building Sen. Gil Puyat corner Makati Avenue Makati City, 1226 Metro Manila, Philippines
City: Makati City
Phone: (+63) 2 811-6139 to 44
Fax: (+63) 2 811-6148
Web Site: http://embassy_philippines.mofat.go.kr
Office Hours: 08.30-12.00 and 13.30-17.30
Wait for our next entries, about insurance, ARC registration, and making dorm payments.